In this section, you will find information on what took place on the latest tour in the U.S. Each tour is unique, but they all share one thing in common: The spirit and energy and deep faith of Daoud Nassar and his family inspires and renews hope in every individual touched by their story. This is a journey of faith, hope and love.
Summary of Spring 2018 Tour – March 2018
The following captures the events that took place during the Spring 2018 Tour. We want to thank every person who helped put together an incredibly full itinerary and supported the FOTONNA team in every way possible. Extra thanks go to the hosts and hostesses, drivers, event leaders and food preparers. We can’t do it without you! And, the presence of so many people who came to hear the story of Tent of Nations was inspirational to say the least; thank you for your time and energy.
Please continue to spread the word, and if you haven’t yet gone, we hope to see many of you on the farm sometime soon. It was very rewarding to see so many hands go up when asked, “Have you been to Palestine?” “Have you been to the farm?” It was like being amongst old friends!
D.C. Meetings Included:
Meetings with Senators Warner and Cantwell and senior staffs
Meeting with Senator Patti Murray’s aide
Meeting with Senator Kaine’s legislative aide
Meeting with Senator Sander’s policy aide
- We appreciated the senators’ senior staffs who appeared encouraged by the simple message “we refuse to be enemies” and agreed to write a letter of support should there be an emergency on the Land
- We have a perception, which was confirmed by several of the staffers with whom we spoke, that there is an opportunity to move progressive lawmakers out of the status quo of bipartisan unconditional support for Israel’s policies toward the Palestinians.
- We came away from these two days of meetings with the feeling that we had actually brought happiness and hope to people.
- Central Christian Church dinner/presentation – Mesa, AZ – 170 people
- Mountain View Presbyterian Church presentation during education hour – Scottsdale, AZ – 75
- Luncheon/ informal presentation with leaders following formal presentation – 20
- Faith United Methodist Church presentation – Phoenix, AZ – 30
- Dinner with leaders from congregation after presentation – 10
- Church of the Palms – Sun City, AZ – 75
- Private evening reception at Durbin’s house following morning presentation – 20
- Pinnacle Presbyterian Church – Scottsdale, AZ – 75
- Private party for leaders before presentation- 10
- Brophy College Preparatory Academy – Tucson, AZ – 20
- YWCA of Tucson of Arizona Palestinian Alliance – 95
- Breakfast at home of Palestinian American for leadership members – 15
- Islamic Community Center, Public event – Phoenix, AZ – 100
- Private dinner/presentation for golf “buddies” – 12
Synopsis of Events:
- Most large group presentations included a pre-presentation or follow-up meal and conversation with leaders.
- Sold a large number of books and increased email list totaling 115 – a record.
- Many voiced statements like, “I am encouraged by the work you are doing,” or “I am going to see for myself,” or “I’d like to volunteer on the land and apply for a scholarship.”
- When a speaker asked many mature volunteers in the audience, “Where are the younger persons needed to ‘go and see’ and volunteer on the land?” a young 8-year-old waved her hands and said, “Here I am!”
- Held the first presentation in a Mosque with local community invited.
- Two sites recorded the presentation (the mosque and at Central Church).
“Time out” on the way to Tucson event to observe ruins of an early civilization to learn about their sophisticated culture
Palestinian farmer picks all the oranges
on a host family’s tree in record time.
Beth shares “her story” and introduces Daoud
at her own church in Sun City, AZ