PHONE CALL SCRIPT for use with your elected officials
Use these links to obtain the contact information for your representative and senators.
- House of Representatives: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative
- Senate: https://www.senate.gov/senators/senators-contact.htm?OrderBy%253Dstate%2526Sort%253DASC
State what you are asking your representative/senator to do:
“I am calling to ask you to contact the State Department to urge them to pressure Israel’s Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) to complete the re-registration of the Nassar family’s legally owned farm located six miles southwest of Bethlehem in the West Bank.”
Provide a brief synopsis of the situation:
- This Palestinian Christian family has owned, lived on, and farmed their land since 1920 and have legal documentation of their ownership.
- The family practices sustainable farming and has opened the farm for local and international visitors to come and learn. Over 10,000 pilgrims visit the farm each year, and find there a sense of hope in the midst of this conflicted situation.
- The Nassars have been in the Israeli Military and Supreme Courts since 1991 defending their ownership, and seeking to re-register their land as is required by Israeli law for Palestinians living in area C of the West Bank.
- The re-registration process has been subject to repeated delays. Six hearings were scheduled since December 2021, of which only three were held.
- In the most recent hearing in January 2023, the Committee continued to do all in its power to delay a decision, and returned parties to the process whose objections to the Nassar family’s ownership had been dismissed.
If you have visited the farm, you may wish to share a brief sentence or two about that experience.
End the call by offering additional materials:
“I would like to provide you with additional information that you can use in your call or written communication with the State Department, including a letter template. Please call me at ( include your phone number) or email me at: (include your email).”
Constituent Name and address.
Thank you for your vital advocacy work!
The FOTONNA Steering Committee