Tent of Nations
People Building Bridges
November 15, 2017
This will be less a Newsletter and more an update on items of importance at this time. I will keep it brief.
We will be working on making the website a place where you will be able to find more current articles from volunteers and others who visit the farm as they share their experiences. We also welcome pieces of creative writing, poetry, especially poignant photos and works of art that are connected to your experiences on the Nassar farm that we can share with others. Please send anything of interest to Kay Plitt at: email@example.com. It may take another month or so before this page takes off, so please keep checking it out.
- Financial Support: What we at FOTONNA have to offer is some financial support for volunteers in the form of Scholarship Funds.
- If you choose to travel on an Interfaith Peace-Builder’s Tour and are able to stay beyond the tour dates for at least two weeks as a volunteer, FOTONNA can help pay for partial airfare expenses and for full expenses you would be expected to pay as a volunteer on the land (volunteers help cover the costs of their stay on the farm, including food, laundry, etc.).
- If you choose to travel on your own, there are funds available to help with your airfare expenses and full coverage of your volunteer expenses; you must make a commitment of at least four weeks, however.
- Farm equipment maintenance (small engine repair, etc.)
- Kitchen/café maintenance (including cooking)
- Electrical wiring and maintenance
- Housekeeping/Gift Shop maintenance
- Carpentry/Construction/Metal work
- Farming techniques specific to a dry climate
Museum of the Palestinian People – Bethlehem Beyond the Wall Exhibition: